December 8, 2147 |
2203 (aged 56) |
|Service/branch||Earth Defense Force|
|Commands held||Kirishima, Yamato|
|Relations||Ryotaro Okita (son)|
Goro Naya (1974-1983)|
Tsutomu Yamazaki (2010)
Takayuki Sugo (2012-)
- His Japanese name comes from real-life Shinsengumi captain Okita Sōji and Japan's founding father of sci-fi, Unno Juzo.
- He is based on Leiji Matsumoto's father, who was a Major in the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force and flew a Nakajima Ki-84 in Battle of Leyte Gulf.
- Okita's response to to the Gamilans' demands of surrender are based on that of Anthony McAuliffe.
- In the original series, Okita have shown tendencies of acting like other men with Analyzer's fan service actions. An example of this is when Yuki request the robot's circuit to be fixed to prevent skirt flipping on Episode 16 of Season 1, he unwittingly replied "It might not be a good idea to remove it," to which he immediately cover it up by saying we will discuss with Sanada about the repair.
- In the remake series, there are times his hat covers one of his eyes. This makes him look like that he's lost one of his eyes and that he's wearing an eyepatch.
- He died on his birthday in the remake.